Policies and Procedures
The following policies and procedures relate to graduate academics at Penn, and are organized by topic.
Most academic polices and procedures at Penn are school-based. University policies are also often administered through the schools. Students should consult with their school or graduate group with questions or for help in understanding academic policies and procedures.
Course and Exam Related Policies
- Academic Good Standing and Academic Withdrawal
- Course Numbering & Academic Credit
- Rules Governing Final Examinations
- Policy on Secular and Religious Holidays
Leaves of Absence and Withdrawals
- Evaluation and Certification of the English Fluency of Undergraduate Instructional Personnel
- Guide to Graduate Student Appointments
- Fairness of Authorship Credit in Collaborative Faculty-Student Publications for PhD, AM, and MS Students
- Guidelines for Research in the Community
- Guidelines for Student Protection in Sponsored Research Projects
- Patent and Tangible Research Property Policies and Procedures
- Policy Regarding Human Subject Research in the Sociobehavioral Sciences