Registrar's Office

The Office of the University Registrar supports teaching and learning at the University of Pennsylvania by maintaining the integrity of academic policies and the student information system. We are the stewards of Penn's student records from application to degree conferral in perpetuity.

We provide the following services to Students, Faculty, Alumni, Parents, Staff and many other constituents across our campus:

  • Support Students and Departments during Registration
  • Reserve Classrooms for Courses and Academic Events
  • Schedule Final Exams
  • Record and Report Enrollment and Final Grades
  • Certify Attendance
  • Manage Veterans Affairs Educational Benefits
  • Issue Transcripts
  • Verify Graduation and Degrees

A transcript is a representation of a student’s academic record while at the University of Pennsylvania.

Official transcripts are ordered through the Office of the University Registrar website.  Unofficial transcripts are available at anytime, online for students and alumni class of 1988 or later via the Penn in Touch portal.

The University Registrar’s office provides verification of dates a student attended Penn and degrees awarded by the Schools of the University. Details concerning Academic Certification may be found on the University Registrar web page.

In accordance with Title 38 US Code 3679 subsection (e), the University of Pennsylvania adopts the following additional provisions for any students using U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) Post 9/11 G.I. Bill® (Ch. 33) or Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (Ch. 31) benefits, while payment to the institution is pending from the VA. The University will not:

• Prevent the student’s enrollment;

• Assess a late penalty fee to the student;

• Require student secure alternative or additional funding;

• Deny their access to any resources (access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities) available to other students who have satisfied their tuition and fee bills to the institution.

However, to qualify for this provision, such students may be required to:

• Provide Chapter 33 Certificate of Eligibility (or its equivalent) or for Chapter 31, VA VR&E’s contract with the school on VA Form 28-1905 by the first day of class.

• Chapter 33 students can register at the VA Regional Office to use E-Benefits to get the equivalent of a Chapter 33 Certificate of Eligibility. Chapter 31 student cannot get a completed VA Form 28-1905 (or any equivalent) before the VA VR&E case-manager issues it to the school.

• Provide written request to be certified;

• Provide additional information needed to properly certify the enrollment as described in other institutional policies.

"GI Bill®” is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).  More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at